Wednesday 16 March 2011

Fairweather Gardener (If but it were...)

OK. I admit it. I am just a fair-weather gardener / allotmenteer deep down.

It isn't that I lack commitment, or that I don't mean well... it's just that when it is cold, wet, grey and miserable, there seem to be so many other things on the "To Do" list - admittedly things that are indoors - that are more attractive.

I will use my time productively though. I am going to sort out the Pantry in the Church Lane Kitchen, to ensure I am sorted and ready for all the various goodies that will get created from the produce of the Plot & the Garden (if I ever get out there and actually grow stuff!) I may even be brave enough to post a before & after shot later...we'll see.

But despite the weather, the seedlings on the windowsill seem happy enough - more peas have pushed their way through the surface, joining a couple more Kale seedlings and now I have Broccoli coming up too. Hurrah!

3 comments:

  1. How did the pantry sorting go Stephen? It's just as important to have stuff like that done as it is to spend time sowing and planting etc... i must confess to being the other way around... i spend far far too much time sowing and planting etc, and the inside jobs just never get done!
    My house and outbuildings are a tip!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to enjoy my gardening and I can't do that in such weather so I'm with you on this one! Flighty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that, gentlemen - makes me feel better! :-) I think I try to strike a balance between the outdoor stuff and the indoor...but fear it may just mean BOTH end up half done! Pantry is much better though. Phew.

    ReplyDelete